Mine?

In this poem, I reflect upon my existence. Why am I born? Any answer to this question seems incomplete.

I own nothing
Nothing was ever mine.
This form, this soul
It’s possessed by none.
I seem to devour a timeless mine
Though, nothing has been ever mine.


I did nothing, but scream.
Yes! Those were always mine.
I acted but had been seen through!
I see ‘I’ was nothing- but an Ego
I could hear in me- an ungrateful whine.

I desired happiness
Yes! The Ego wanted ecstasy
From sources unwonted
From lofty advances
Then I heard it died- the happiness died.

I desire the truth-
What is it that can ever be mine?
Am I born to chase,
To pursue in haste
All things that go in nobody’s grave?

Because I own nothing
Nothing was ever mine
I live for the want
Of a drop of pure blood
To witness my filthy drains of brine.

No comments:

Post a Comment