Dissection Experiences 1

10 Things I had on my mind when I first dissected a cadaver. Don’t judge me and my thoughts, ok! I know yours were worse! :-p
  1. It can't be alive. Eeeks! It is dead. It is dead.
  2. This knife digs in so easily into the flesh! Oh wait, ma’am called it a scalpel. S.C.A.L.P.E.L. Pretty sharp stuff, hmm. Scalpel. Hmm. Scalpel. And forceps. These are my weapons against the dead!
  3. Where are all the pubic hair gone?
  4. Eww… Who shaved them? Whoooo shaved them!
  5. Female body is definitely the most beautiful one around. Proud.
  6. Formalin is sick stuff, no doubt!
  7. Look, that guy’s hands are trembling while touching the cadaver! Oh shit, why am I shivering now? (God please! Izzat rakh lo!) Shivering stops.
  8. It’s skin or leather? Whatever! They're all naked-forever! :(
  9. Fascia looks like spiderweb underneath the skin! Oo… reminds me of sexy Spiderman. What was his name… yeah… Peter Parker… No Tobey Maguire… oh! I should concentrate on the dissection. Hmm.
  10. Half an hour has passed.What am I supposed to look at in the entire 2 hours? I can’t find a thing interesting! Skin, fascia, fat... blah. blah.. and some more blah! Can we sit? Nobody stands for 2 hours hopelessly?!



A question for you: What were the things on YOUR mind? Were you reading Hanuman Chalisa on your mind? Were you nervous and blank? Were you checking out your teacher, hmm? Do share your 1st time dissection experience here! :)


2 comments: